Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Re thinking the blog


Looking back on the last year or so I have realized that this blog is not quite what I want it to be, so I am going to be changing some things in the new year.

selective focus of red flowers

I posted some content last year, that was not fully "me."  All of it is part of our journey, but some of the blog posts were not specific to why I started this blog.  Most importantly, I feel like they weren't what God wanted me to be saying.  

There is content all over the internet for cleaning your home, creating daily schedules, meal planning, Trim Healthy Mama, etc. etc.  I will still share those things, because they are part of our journey.  I just feel like I started this blog to share the story of our wounded hearts.  I really don't know if there are other blogs focused on this specific topic and journey....I haven't found them.  

I want to tell our story.  The story of trauma, brokenness, gains and losses, bitter sweet moments, and crazy moments...I want to share above all else the healing, the abundant grace, the restored love, and resiliency of my people.  

This crazy story is hard to share.  You cannot understand the grace and healing without hearing about the broken places.  Making myself, my family, and those close to our story vulnerable to a world of on lookers is tough.  I want to tell their stories from the place where they meet mine, with enough details to give you, the reader, hope and encouragement, but still protect their stories and their still raw, still healing wounds.  

shadow of four people on wall

I don't know what shape these blog posts are going to take, but I know it is time to start telling the wonderful story of how a bunch of people brought together by God's divine hand are healing, are moving forward, and will continue to push through pain and disappointment to have the abundant life He has promised to give us.  

 One by one I hope to introduce you to the wounded hearts.  I won't share names, although if you are a close friend or family member you will know them.  I want their permission when I write about them, so their story can safely continue to be written.  Maybe a book would be more anonymous, but a book has a beginning, middle and end.   Our stories often start somewhere in the middle and are not finished yet.  That last part is where the hope comes boldly into our stories.  Our stories are not finished yet!!  There is still breath and still healing to be done in our wounded hearts!!

gray framed eyeglasses on open book

If you want to share our journey as we bump along this path called life, hit the subscribe button.  I have no clear vision for the future of this blog.  Next week we have a week dedicated to prayer, and seeking God's vision.  I will use some of that time to seek God's vision for my family and this blog.  I may in the future have a facebook page for this blog, but for now this is the only place to follow our story.  I hope you join our journey, but I will love and understand if you don't.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (some versions, say sound mind) 
2 Timothy 1:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment